If you are a organization seeking registered nurse volunteers, please contact the Delaware Nurses Association at (302) 733-5880.
Volunteer Admission Nurse
- Assist newly admitted patients and their caregivers with managing the transition from the hospital setting to home.
- Assess educational needs. Review admission packet teaching documents as needed with patient and caregiver. Identify additional needs and communicate with case manager.
- Assist with and provide instruction on meeting the personal care needs of the patient.
- Assist with and provide instruction on meeting the functional/activity needs of the patient.
- Reinforce supplier instruction on the use of medical equipment.
- Assist with ensuring the patient’s environment is safe. Identify safety risks and collaborate with the case manager.
- Assess for presence of symptoms requiring intervention. Notify the admissions nurse or case manager as needed.
- Assist with and provide instruction on non-pharamacotherapeutic symptom management interventions.
- Complete documentation of all activities completed.
To volunteer or for more information, contact Tina Gaffney, Volunteer Coordinator at
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Wilmington
The Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Wilmington, Delaware is looking for retired nurses to volunteer in our facility. Hours are flexible. Volunteers are needed for our “No Veteran Dies Alone” campaign, which places volunteers with Veterans who are dying in our Serenity Hospice.
Volunteers are also needed to provide observation of Veterans to prevent falls and to accompany Veterans to activities. If you are interested, contact Patricia Caldwell, Chief of Voluntary at – firstname.lastname@example.org